CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Some Exciting Good News with a little scare and Prayer Request for good measure

Y'all what I'm about to tell you is truly good news. It is just the news I needed to lift my spirits and keep me waiting for the long haul. It also just about scares me half to death.....But enough of that all ready, let me tell you what it is.

My China Adoption consultant called and said that the CCAA (Chinese Adoption Officials) are reviewing our dossier and they need more information. Did y'all hear that? Someone in China is actually holding our file and knows that we exist.

I had known that our LID was getting close to being in the review room, but I had not heard (from anywhere) that our LID was actually there. This is some really exciting news. Their little Chinese hands are holding our paperwork and looking at it and reading it with their little Chinese eyes. No, our paperwork is not lost somewhere in the vast country of China......it is exactly where it should be.

Now, don't go thinking that we're any closer. The same amount of time that lay ahead of us yesterday is the same amount of time that lay ahead of us today; but just to know that our dossier is being reviewed in the review room is such a good and final feeling.

In case you don't know, the China adoption process consists of a review room and then finally a matching room. In the review room, your dossier is reviewed and verified and checked and double checked. Then it moves to the matching room. In the matching room, your file is "matched" with a child. From what I understand, the process is kind of cool, but I'll save that for another post. Or, you can look for the Rumor Queen link (to the right) and you'll find an area on her site that explains it.

Ok and now the scare: The CCAA is requesting more information about Brad's gall bladder surgery. They want to know why it was removed and what his recovery has been. In a way, this completely cracks me up. Out of the both of us, you would think that if one of our medicals would get questioned, it would be mine.....what with a history of cancer and an autoimmune disease. But instead, they pick Brad's gallbladder removal, and almost imply that people have those removed just on a whim. I also felt a little silly calling the surgeon to ask him for a letter that states why Brad had his gallbladder removed 3 YEARS AGO and what his recovery is/has been?

But, we're just going to form the scare into a prayer request. When I called the surgeon, his nurse informed me that he was out of town until Monday, and even on Monday, he will be in surgery all day. So, he won't even get to the letter until Tuesday and then it has to go to get transcribed. She indicated that it may be at least 2 weeks. Somehow, I don't really think that will sit well with my agency of China, but what can I do.

The only other option is trying our Primary Care doctor (who is retired now). I have contacted our current primary care doctor, she has Brad's chart/files from the doctor that retired. It was the retired doctor that ordered the gallbladder test and advised Brad to have it removed because it wasn't functioning. So, based on his chart, our current Primary care doctor may be able to write the letter too. I have a call in to her as well. I'm not sure which doctor is preferred by China, and I have a call in to our adoption agency to try to get clarification. Please pray that who ever China prefers will be able to get us a letter quickly (because we have to get it notarized).

*UPDATE: While I was typing our adoption consultant called back and said either doctor was fine, but it needs to be fairly quickly or it will push our dossier back in line. So, PLEASE PRAY that our Primary Care doctor can get it to us as quickly as possible, because we know that it will be 2 weeks for the surgeon to get it to us.

All in all, it's some pretty exciting news......just scary!

8 comments:

Bridenstine4 said...

That's great news! I love the way you said someone's "little" hands and "little" eyes are working/looking at the file. Of all things to be questioned! That's silly. I thought our gov't was out of control, but that's pretty funny. So, if we see anyone walking around with a China Doll, we can guess they have their gall bladders or at least a certified letter stating it was removed for medical purposes and not sold in a sting. Praying.

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Meleia, you crack me up with your "sold in a sting". I was trying to figure it out...like why that would it be removed on a whim...does it make you skinnier, cosmetic reasons, maybe it clears up your sking,lol, etc. Then you go and bring up "sold in a sting". I'm totally laughing about that.

Shana, I told you my girls have been praying. I'll be sure and update them about the important letter from the Dr. so they can pray about that, too. They're so much better about praying expectantly than I am. They also have better memories (well, kinda, Erin still has trouble with your name).
Go little Chinese eyes and hands, move that paperwork on to the "matching room". It kinda sounds like something out of Willy Wonka. If your paperwork comes through with chocolate fingerprints, we'll know something's up with that.
Terri

chelle belle said...

Ewww, so exciting! I always found it to be such a bizarre feeling that somebody in another country was looking at ALL our VERY personal and private information! Weird, yes.
Thrilling, even more so!!!!

What a rush to KNOW that it's in somebody's hands!!! :)
Tooooo cool!

I'm SO glad out of the two of you, they picked the "easier" one to ask more info on! Whew!!! Prayers here that the dr will be THRILLED to get this to you ASAP!!!

Let us know!

Jenny said...

How stinkin awesome?!!?!? Oh Shana, be assured that you guys are being prayed for. I'm so glad that you've been encouraged and that your paperwork is in China! God is most definitely moving things in His timing; stand in faith that He will continue to do so!!

Anonymous said...

That is great news!!! Praying here guys!
"May God give you 'favor' with the doctors and their staffs and may He impress upon them an unrelentless sense of urgency to get this document to you immediately... that they will sense how important this is to you and your family and to little Malley in China! May God go before you and prepare the way and may He make your way straight in the rest of this process! It is in His son's name I pray. Amen!"

Love you guys!
Sandy

PS - sorry for the anonymous, but I forgot my ID and password. I have to create a new one I guess.

Maddie said...

God's plan in action....I love it!!! We will be praying that Dr. Duff won't be sitting on hers. :) We are praying expectantly for your paper work to make it to the matching room quickly, chocolate fingerprints and all!

Brad and Shana said...

Tammy Hil,

You make me laugh out loud all.the.time!!

....."praying that Dr. Duff won't be sitting on hers." HILARIOUS!

Just to encourage you that you've definitely got what it takes for your new TD job.....no stretching needed. You're funny, I don't care what you say!!

Thanks for praying y'all! Keep 'em coming! In fact, I'm going off to pray right now....

Love ya,
Shana

Cyndi Lou said...

How EXCITING is THIS!??? Hilarious that they are questioning a gall bladder removal. I mean, the man can work all hours of the night fixing a 20 plant mess up, so you'd think he has FULLY recovered from removing a stinkin' gall bladder, wouldn't you??!! LOL!!

We will continue to lift up prayers for you Farmers and precious Malley from the Rogers' home!!

(Again, sorry it is late... catchin' up still!)

We love all 5 of you!!

Love,

Cyndi