CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Unbelievable!!

As you know from previous posts, we have submitted an application for an extension of our Immigration Approval for little Malley. We did this on Monday, April 14th. We were right behind our close friends, the McGhee's, in this process. I had been checking with Angie to see if she had gotten a response. Sure enough, she got her appointment for fingerprints, and they only gave her an 8 day notice. Based on the timing, I knew ours should be just about a week or so behind theirs. This made me panic a bit, since we were about to leave for Disney, and I didn't want to be out of town during our fingerprint appointment time. So, I had our neighbor and friend, Meleia, religiously check our mailbox while we were gone.....but nothing came. Finally, today, we received our forms in the mail. Unfortunately, attached to the original document was an envelope. Apparently, they had sent the original document to our previous address.....even though, if you remember, I had asked in an email if there was anything specific that should be done to reflect our new address. Even though the response was a month late in getting to me, she assured me that nothing else should be done because the address change was reflected in our home study. But, they STILL sent the fingerprint appointment to our old address. UUUGGGHHH! So, guess when our appointment WAS? 5/10/2008 Hello, that was 9 days ago.

I find all of this so unbelievable!! How is it that absolutely every single step of the way is riddled and laced with error and mistake after error and mistake.

I called the immigration office and told them what had happened, and the representative told me that all we had to do was show up at the fingerprint office on a Wednesday and give them the original form and explain the error. That almost sounds too good to be true, and I asked her two different times to be sure of what she is saying. I even went on to say, "so, even though this form says that if we fail to appear as scheduled, our application will be considered abandoned?" She assured me again, that it will be fine. But, I don't know. I'm scared to death, and quite frankly, mad as hell.

So, you guessed it. We'll be making a trip to Atlanta on Wednesday. Please pray that the lady is right, and that they will go ahead and do our fingerprints and honor our request. If you don't mind, I think I'll pray right now.....care to join me?

Father God,

You know my emotions right now. You know how frustrated I am. Thankfully, you know me and you know my feelings. Jesus, would you please show us favor when we go to be fingerprinted on Wednesday. Lord, just as you gave your favor to Joseph, would you grant us your favor with the immigration office. Would you allow the fingerprints to be taken, and the process with our application to proceed. We ask that the road ahead be paved with your grace, and that ultimately, that road would lead to our sweet little girl. God, we are waiting on you and with you; please give us strength. Until the time when she is in our arms, Lord, please comfort her in yours. Give her peace and protection. Jesus, I also ask for the ability to receive our Malley in the soonest possible time. Would you protect her, and the other children from having to wait unnecessarily due to red tape or bureaucracy. God, we acknowledge that your ways are not our ways, and that your timing, although rarely ours, is perfect. Your way is perfect God, and we trust you. Your timing is perfect God, and we hope in you.
-Amen

5 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Shana, I'm praying for your peace and God's peace through this stormy process. I can only believe that there is a reason behind all this and that God is in control. I'm choosing to believe this while even in my heart I'm upset with the silly people at this CRAZY adoption agency that seem to have "no clue" time after time. God's got your back, choose to receive it. He's gonna give you that baby exactly at the right moment that you are to receive her. This childbirth process is worse than the real childbirth process.
LOVE YOU and love little Malley,
Terri

Maddie said...

Ohhhh my word. I am with Terri, I know God is much bigger than the stupidity that seems to be running rampid in this process. We are continuing to wait with you and pray with you. His timing IS perfect. Strength will rise as we wait! I love you,
Tammy

chelle belle said...

Praying for you today as you head to Atlanta. Hoping that peace surrounds you on the way, and you are greeted with grace and understanding at the USCIS office.... Somehow those don't seem to go together in the same sentence, but God CAN make it be so!!!!

Peace and blessings to you all!
Chelle

Cyndi Lou said...

Shana,

Ohhhhh!! I am screaming with you!! That would make me mad as well! I know that God's timing is perfect, but our personalities being so much alike, I can imagine how upset you are.

I will pray for grace for you and your emotions and for peace during this crazy process!! I know that strength will rise as we wait!!

Love you,

Cyndi

Mommyluann said...

My friend Kellie leave in the morning for Korea to get her new little girl..the wait has been long! The wait has been worth!
I'm praying for you!!!