CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Out of Review

As best I can tell, our dossier is officially out of the review room. I must say, I was kind of worried about it because several months ago our agency asked us to supply the C*C*A*A with more information. If you remember they were wanting more details on Brad's gall bladder surgery; which I still find funny. But, we complied and had letters sent by Brad's doctors. Since then, I had asked our adoption consultant a few times and she said that they had gotten it and we had not been asked to supply anything else. However, the C*C*A*A's document processing box had never updated to say that our LID was out of review. The Rumor Queen mentioned that it was taking particularly long for February LIDs to be out of review. But, finally earlier this week the C*C*A*A's document processing box on their website was changed. This means that we are officially in the MATCHING ROOM. This is the room, where one day pictures of our family will be on a screen along with information about us, The Farmers, from Georgia. And, on another screen they will have children and eventually, side by side, will be our family and the child that they pick for us. That at least is my understanding of the basic concept of the process. But, regardless of all the minute details, it is surreal to think about.

Now, I must temper this exciting post by saying we still have at the very least a year and a half to wait. So, this process won't take place for a long time.

Along the lines of waiting, there has been a rumor that the formula problems china is experiencing will affect adoptions, because orphanages using the tainted formula have had children to become ill, and some of them sadly, became ill at the time there new parents were coming to get them. I don't think I have to visually type or "say" this, but that would be a nightmare in the worst possible way.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

This makes my heart so happy to read that you're officially in the matching room! I'll continue praying for the safety of Malley (and the rest of the Farmer crew) and God's perfect timing in all of this!

MBJones said...

I am thrilled to hear of the progress. Your faithfulness during this process has spoken volumes to me. I know Malley will be worth the wait. I'll keep praying. Love, MB

The Wild World of Richmond said...

I know it seems forever, but he's got her hand picked out for you, right down to her fingerprint. Know that Malley, and you guys are in our prayers every day. Erin doesn't even have to stop and ask your name anymore...smile.
Blessings to you,
Terri

Maddie said...

I love the thought of your little faces being matched with sweet little Malley's face. Oh how I wish I could see it all play out!

Bridenstine4 said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. We are reminded to keep praying.

Tim & Angela Fleming said...

Isn't it a joy to know that God has already chosen Malley for you. I can't wait to see her sweet face. I know it seems forever, but it will be so worth it.